August 21, 2005

The "little woman who stopped the war"

Sheehan has become the lone voice that kick-started a chorus. Whether Bush agrees to her demand for a meeting (and it is unlikely he will) is now largely irrelevant. The political legacy left by her summer of protest will last far longer than the ramshackle tents of Camp Casey lining the roads outside Bush's ranch. 'This is now about far more than Cindy Sheehan. She has given people the confidence to speak out about the war that they didn't have before. Finally, its OK in America to be anti-war,' Zunes said.
It's the Democrats' turn to join the choir. Conyers is leading the way, as usual, along with Kucinich. Do the rest of them really want to get shown up by the father of freedom fries?

2 comments:

Spenceman said...

Heather! ¡Estoy en EspaƱa! I´m having a blast here. I´ve been out partying almost every single night. Just stopped by to check out your blog. As usual, I´m very impressed. As for the whole Left not having a message thing, I knew it was pretty bad when most of the politicians who spoke at the 21st Century Democrats Meetings this summer told us flat out that they don´t know what our message is. It kind of broke my spirit but I think it´s just a matter of time before the whole Right Wing implodes. Take care and have a great year! We´ll be in touch. ¡Hasta Luego!

Spenceman said...

You have no idea how much Antonio enjoyed partying with us. It was truly an experience I´ll never forget. I´ll explain more when I have the time.