March 05, 2005

Press room politics

Russell Mokhiber of Common Dreams throws McClellan a curveball--"Does the pesident believe in Commandment No. 6--'Thou shalt not kill'--as it applies to the U.S. invasion of Iraq?"

I was sitting next to him November 17th when he asked this question:

MOKHIBER: Kofi Annan, in September, he said that the war in Iraq is an illegal war. If it's an illegal war, then the 100,000 who have died there, according to the Johns Hopkins School, are victims of war crimes. Now, the President is going to Canada later this year, and the largest circulation newspaper in Canada yesterday wrote a column, printed a column titled "Should Canada Indict Bush?" -- raising question of a war crimes prosecution. They have a war crimes law in Canada. And I'm wondering, has the general counsel --
MR. McCLELLAN: Do you have a question, or is this just a statement of opinion?
MOKHIBER: It's a question. Has the White House Counsel looked at the President's legal exposure to a war crimes prosecution?
MR. McCLELLAN: Russ, I think that it's a ridiculous question that you bring up. You were out on the Nader campaign, I think, at the time when this issue came up, and we addressed it at that time. And I'm not going to go back through it again.

It was impossible transcribing the gaggle for Talk Radio News because McClellan was so effective at making his responses free of any useful information.

Yes, they let me in the press room. And I'm not even a prostitute for the military.

I'm in the Press Room, derp!
Why do I look like I'm 14?

No comments: