February 09, 2005

It's my blog and I'll post if I want to

So I let my inbox fill up for the last few days, avoided reading blogs and the news, and set to paper writing for midterms. Man, look what happens when I don't keep on top of things--Bush crapped out one helluva disastrous budget (cuts to damn near everything but defense), and the Israelis and Palestinians declared peace (not).

I'm feeling too burnt out to post any meaningful commentary...I'm starting to worry that maybe this thing isn't quite evolving into the scholarly thing I had envisioned. Oh but I do love the satire. If this were a big deal blog like MyDD or Eschaton, maybe someone would complain. Happily, it's not, so I'm allowed to post whatever I please. And right now, I say to you, crappy Valentine's day. It may be 5 days away, but this was too good to pass up:

"Come Monday, as you pry open your fancy, red Russell Stover box, take heed," bin Laden said. "For in the place of tasty caramels and buttercreams, you will find the flaming sword of righteous jihad!"

Mmm...that reminds me, Valentine's day candy means soon there will be Easter candy, and Cadbury Mini eggs...

No comments: