February 03, 2005

Published

My letter to the editor was published in the Daily Nexus today, eee! I wrote it in response to this douchebag. They edited my response for space, here's what they left out:

This is in response to Christopher Rice’s piece regarding liberals disrespecting our troops. Do you take pride in regurgitating slogans you read off bumper stickers on SUVs? “Freedom isn’t free.” “Proud to be an American.” “Support our troops.” What simplistic statements. When the price of freedom starts to erode freedom itself (i.e. US PATROIT act), then it’s time to question that price.

Don't you feel enlightened having seen it in its totality? Riiight...not a big deal, I know, but I worked hard crafting those 300 words, so it was swell seeing them printed.

Off to see a screening of the film Moolaade now, I'm doing a story on it for KCSB so I'll post about it later.


No comments: